[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid connection

----------
From:  Dsurfr [SMTP:Dsurfr-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, April 20, 1998 5:14 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Toroid connection

What is the proper way of connecting a toroid & is there a proper height above
the secondary's top winding? I have a 4" ceramic stand-off insulator sitting
on a 1/8" piece of plexi on the top of my secondary coil. I ran the wire from
my top turn to a brass bolt in the top of the insulator to which I connected
my toroid. I'm getting a lot of corona loss from the top windings & the
connection. Should I lower the toroid / decrease the length of the connecting
wire or is this normal? Also is this the correct way of connecting to the
toroid? Thanks, Jim