[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pig Terminology (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:02:20 -0500
From: Jeff Corr <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Pig Terminology (fwd)

>I have a description of a couple of pigs that are available, but I am
>confused, and would like to get a translation from those that are
>more familiar with the beast:
>Primary is listed as 14400/24940Y, there is an impeadance listed,
>and for taps, there are (+, -, N, J) listed.
>I am trying to translate this notation.
>Specifically: what is the 24940Y?
>              What are the various tap listing mean?
>                 I assume - is none, but perhaps that is what N is?

I think this means that 14.4kv goes in, 24.9kv comes out.
I have seen them listed this way on most pages, this trannie
would have a 1:2 ratio not suitable for coil use.

>the 3KVA unit could be run at as high as 6KVA, yes?

No.

>[Or should I just bite the bullet, and live with the larger
>size of the 5KVA unit?]

3kVA will be smaller, easier to move, and more "portable" for
demostrations.  With the larger size, you cross the "line" between
running in any house to the point of blowing everyone's 20 amp breaker.