[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Buyers Warning! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:11:27 EDT
From: DavidH8083 <DavidH8083-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-2-at-emachine-dot-com, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Cc: corr-at-enid-dot-com, chip-at-pupman-dot-com, mhammer-at-misslink-dot-net
Subject: Buyers Warning!

       It is with no small portion of dismay that I post the follwing warning
to the subscribers of both Tesla lists.  I have to report that in spite of the
fact that by far the vast majority of the list members are extremely generous
and faultlessly honest, I have been stung in bad deal.

       A young coiler, Shaun O'Brien of Enid, Oklahoma, offered some parts for
sale over his Tesla web site.  A deal was struck via E-mail and my check sent
and cashed.  At that point Mr. O'Brien ceased all communication, refusing to
reply to my inquiries about forthcoming shipment or even to respond to the
copy of the cancelled check that I sent him to jog his memory.  All efforts to
embarrass him into fulfilling his end of the bargain have failed and I must
chalk up this deal as a loss.  The amount in question is small (less than
$100) and Mr. O'Brien knows that I have no intention of journeying from NYC to
Enid to press my claim in small claims court, but I feel that I would be
remiss if I did not at least report this incident to the other members of
these lists, so that they may avoid similar unfortunate circumstances.

          My apologies for taking up list space with such a petty matter, but
I felt that this warning should be posted so that others may avoid the risk.

David Hutchison
davidh8083-at-aol-dot-com