[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cigar secondary coil form (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:02:23 +0100
From: Steve Rodway <Legion-at-legion-elec.demon.co.uk>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Cigar secondary coil form (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> You can "weld" polyethylene pretty easily if you have the requisite plastic
> welding "torch" (it's basically a cartridge heater and an air supply, and
> blows hot air out the tip). You can also epoxy polyethylene if it is
> properly oxidized first (with chromic acid, I believe). And, you can epoxy
> polyethylene by pretreating it with a sparker, which creates little tiny
> holes in it that the epoxy can bond into, providing a mechanical
> connection, if not an adhesive one.
>
> You should be able to weld/fuse teflon the same way, although I am not sure
> about whether you would have to do this in an inert atmosphere or something
> more exotic.
	Given how inert teflon is, I don't thick you'd need any special
atmosphere, but you would need a lot of heat, probably somewhere over
350C. if I remember right.

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. +44 1684 567588                          *     coroner....     *