[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Buyers Warning! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:53:11 -0700
From: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Buyers Warning! (fwd)

Condenser Products doesn't sell their excellent Tesla Caps anymore because
certain Tesla Coilers didn't understand the product's application and
precautions
and harassed the company on the Internet until C.P.  withdrew the product.
This even AFTER C.P. had responded to requests to retool their design and
offer hassle free replacement caps. C.P. bent over backwards to service
Tesla coilers and was more responsive to our needs as Tesla coil
experimenters than any other firm. Question: Has any other manufacturer of
quality capacitors developed a line of relatively low cost, high efficiency,
pulse
discharge capacitors specifically designed and rated for Tesla coils?

Answer: No.
Reason: The "Few Bad Apples" theory. Sorry Tesla Bunch.

Repercussion: Many are thinking twice (three times even) about letting
their sources out of the bag. Who has noticed besides me that "top down"
contributions to this forum are on the decline? Why reveal a source or
technique that may lead others to a vendor if someone is just gonna screw
it up? Yeah, it's sad. I joined this list to learn AND share. There just
aren't
that many secret fishing holes left...

Jeff W. Parisse, Director
kVA Effects