[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:31:21 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

Hi Ed,
         I'll have a think about your post a bit later today when not
so busy. I have to comment on one bit now though -

> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:52:12 EDT
> From: Esondrmn <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Continued Problems

<snip>
> So, where do I go from here?  Do I still have 60 hz  resonance?   Is this
> caused by the welder, and if so how do I fix it?  The primary interconnections
> are made with 3/8" copper tubing.  Malcolm suggested maybe the Q of the
> primary is too high.  I could try replacing the copper tubing interconnections
> with wire as the coil was originally built - which should add resistance and
> reduce the Q.

Did I say that about the tank itself? Shame on me. I don't think you
can have a tank with too high a Q :(  Sorry. I probably said or meant
to say that about the charging circuit.

My apologies.
Malcolm