[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

transformers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:11:20 +0100
From: "chris.swinson" <chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk>
To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: transformers

Hi,

I've seen that a 12Kv 60 ma transformer can be used as a jacobs ladder.  But
why carn't this be done with a tesla coil.  I just get sparks all the time
but not that nice "flame" that you do with a jacobs ladder.

I assume you can only do this with a AC supply like the Neons.  But a Tesla
coil output is pulsed DC ( ? ) so it won't work, unless there is not enought
( or to much current ).

I can only assume that the same effect can be done with 2 secondarys coils
running at at dirrerent frquencys.  Using the 1/4 wave stuff.  I think this
will do the same job.

Has any one any ideas or comments on this ?

Also does anyone know how to do a "2 phase coil" ?  This is where you get 2
secondarys in 1 primary.  one will run at frequency X, and the other will
run at 1/4 wave of X.  This is also supposed to give plasma balls as well.

Can any one help with any of the above before I go totally mad ???

Thanks guys :-)

All the beST,
Chris.

chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk