[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE>Re: UK coilers ? + stuff (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:04:11 +0100
From: "chris.swinson" <chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: RE>Re: UK coilers ? + stuff (fwd)

>Chris & Al,
>
>I agree with  Al's good comments, except,
>
>I disagree regarding the uA output current of a TC, seems he was talking
>average where it the peak values that need to be considered (or perhaps
>he is referring to overall corona current with no concentrated spark ?)
>Sparks and corona represent impulse events necessitating peak terminology.
>Wire ratings are for heating values (cross section area).
>Surface area & skin affect at relevant tesla frequencies determine peak
>current  capability. The pulse repetitiion rate never gets high enough to
>become a wire heating restriction.

The way I see it, Is the corona is the RMS value, and when there is a spark,
thats the high current comming into play.  More current being a brigther
spark.

>In my battery powered DC TC, 12v .04A to  5kVDC,  .1uF, .125" ~4turn pri,
> 6.25"x20" sec #24 ~20mHy,  8"x20" toroid, 8" to 10" sparks:

Have you a web ste where I can see you DC coil ?  I'd like to try one of
them out and compair it to my normal sparkgap coil.

Chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk

Thanks all :-)