[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The GE Xray caps....-> Fair Radio Sales caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 98 09:08:15 EDT
From: Gary Lau  07-Aug-1998 0846 <lau-at-hdecad.ENET.dec-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: The GE Xray caps....-> Fair Radio Sales caps (fwd)

>From: Larry Bud Melman <gasman-at-althea.a-line-dot-net>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: The GE Xray caps....-> Fair Radio Sales caps (fwd)
>
>> >    In a Fair Radio Sales flyer I got they had .01=uF 100Kvdc caps from
>> >goverment surplus. Could these be used for tesla service like rating them
>> >for 50Kvac? They are 5" X 10" X 2.5" and have 1" #12 studs on either end.
>>
>> I use one of these.  With a 15KV/60mA NST, I get 42" sparks.  The cap does
>> get slightly warm in spots after a 30-60 second run, so I'm careful to limit
>> the run times.  I've tried hard but have been unable to learn anything more
>> about the nature of these caps.  Anyone else?
>>
>> Gary Lau
>> Waltham, MA USA
>

>	Where can I contact Fair Radio??
>
>	How much are these caps??
>
>	(even though I need at least 5, it might be economical, if you know
>what I mean....)

Fair Radio Sales are in Lima, Ohio, (419) 223-2196,
http://www2.wcoil-dot-com/~fairadio/

The caps are rated as .01 uF, 100KVDC, stamped with a 1983 date code, and are
somewhat worn looking.  Price was something like $99.50 each.  Printing on the
unit suggests the manufacturer is "FCI", but I've been unable to locate any
company by that name that makes capacitors.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA