[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rotary electrodes (fwd)

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, August 09, 1998 2:51 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: rotary electrodes (fwd)

to: Kevin

What cap size are you planning to run?  This will give me an idea of the
peak current involved.  Bare brass won't work -- it is a rather soft metal
and a cap discharge of .05 MFD or greater will melt it and also produce
very poor quenching.  I suggest our 1/2 inch dia. screw in style
tungsten/molydenium alloy which threads into a 3/8-16 NC x 1 1/4 inch long
piece of brass rod which is press fitted into the  rotor.  Don't use
aluminum as a conducting element -- poor Q factor and conductivity at RF
frequencies.  Run the brass thru the rotor (G-10) axially and screw the
tips in each side.  Run 4 gaps with approx 9-10 rotating electrodes at 1725
RPM.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net