[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Miller Tungsten Pads

----------
From:  Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D. [SMTP:msr7-at-po.cwru.edu]
Sent:  Friday, August 14, 1998 7:11 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Miller Tungsten Pads

At 08:32 PM 8/12/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

Hello Chuck:
      There is an excellent gap material available in the U.S., and probably
elsewhere in the world.  These are tungsten contact points made by Miller
Electric Mfg., Co. for their TIG welders.  Their part number is 020-603 if
my notes are right.  They cost under $4.00 each.  Look in your local yellow
pages for your nearest Miller dealer.
        Each electrode is a 1/2 inch diameter by 1.5 inch long steel
cylinder with a 3/8 inch tungsten electrode imbedded in one end.  These work
great for static gaps (5 pairs in series, each gapped to 0.020 inches, with
forced air) and they are good for the stationary part of a rotary spark gap.
One can drill and tap the end to fit a #10 screw, or mount them in a solid
block of aluminum with a set screw to position them.

Regards,
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.