[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Staco 5210 hookup?

----------
From:  ajones-at-wavegate-dot-com [SMTP:ajones-at-wavegate-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, August 16, 1998 2:04 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Staco 5210 hookup?

I have a hamfest variac that I got Saturday and need to hook it up. It
is a Staco 5210 120v input, 120/140v output 25amp. It has a 5-position
terminal block marked 1 through 5.

Looking at it, I figured to hook the line to 2-4 and the load to 3-4.
Or maybe the load to 2-3. Does this sound right? That would determine
whether the voltage rises on clock-wise rotation or counter-clock-wise
rotation, right? All of this sounds simple, but the bigger variacs are
scarcer than hen's teeth around here and I don't want to foolishly
hook it up wrong. I'm assuming that it is a good variac, maybe it is.

And what are the other two connections for, going to 1 and 5. On the
imprint in the plastic, it shows each as a tapped turn slightly higher
up on the coil. Is that the meaning of 120/140 output?

Thanks,
Alan Jones
ajones-at-wavegate-dot-com