[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Slinky" Primary / Sloped Archimedes Spiral Primary Equ

----------
From:  Robert W. Stephens [SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 18, 1998 2:28 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: "Slinky" Primary / Sloped Archimedes Spiral Primary Equ

> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > ----------

DudeMan007,

Mercury, besides being a toxic hazard, is actually a lousy conductor of
electricity.  In ohm's/cm X 10E-6, solid annealed copper is 1.7241,
solid aluminum is 2.62 and liquid mercury is 95.8.  An aluminum primary
would be much better from a  conductivity standpoint. Copper is the best
practical material of choice for this component.

BTW, I'm curious, does it really say DudeMan007 on your birth
certificate, or is that not your real name?

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel or AutoFax: 1-519-925-1771
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...in search and acquire mode now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~