[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scoped? primary/ flayback ?

----------
From:  chris.swinson [SMTP:chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk]
Sent:  Wednesday, August 19, 1998 7:44 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Scoped? primary/ flayback ?

<SNIP>

Chris:

Where can I buy (at reasonable prices) big flyback transformers such as
used in color TV's.  I want fairly hefty transformers and can't find
them listed in anything I get by mail here.

Thanks,

Ed

Depends on what you mean by big?  Most of them are about 25Kv and run at
around 25Khz, B+W flybacks only run at about 12Kv.  You can pick colour ones
up for a little as 7 pounds.  I by all my parts from CPC, try their web site
out at....

www.cpc.co.uk

I haven't looked at this site yet as they only went on line about a month or
so ago.

I prefer to use car ignition coils, a lot more robust and you can cat then
for almost nothing at the scrap yards.  They are rated at abou 30Kv for 12V
input.  And the oputput current ( guessed ) is about 5ma.  Flybacks are
normally only 1ma or less.

Chris.

All the beST,
Chris.