[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Frequency(fwd)

----------
From:  chris.swinson [SMTP:chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk]
Sent:  Wednesday, August 19, 1998 7:49 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary Frequency(fwd)

SNIP

>L is affected by the radius of the coil (geometry) as the radius is used to
>calculate the inductance where L=(R^2 x N^2) / 9R + 10H, here R=radius,
>N=number of turns, H=height. This is known as the Wheeler formula.

Sod this mate, Its wrong some how.  Many people have got the same calculated
results as me but to my actaul coil measured a lot less.  My coil was
suppoed to be about 39mH but actual measurmet showed about 8Mh.  I have done
many other coils, all are wong to the above calculation.  I don't calculated
anything anymore, I just measure it all now, and wha tI carn't measure I
guess at ;-)

All the beST,
Chris.

chris.swinson-at-zetnet.co.uk