[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Frequency(fwd)

----------
From:  Sulaiman Abdullah [SMTP:sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, August 20, 1998 5:48 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Secondary Frequency(fwd)

Hi,
my opinion...you're both right/wrong !
both coils having the same length of wire would be quarter-wave
resonant at 200 kHz, I guess this is the frequency Mr. Tesla
would have operated the coils at.
Without top-loads the resonant frequencies would be more like
your friend says due to lower inductance etc.
Judging from other 'coilers' results both coils would perform better
with top-loads greater than that calculated for 1/4 wavelength
operation.
The good news is that you're both wrong/right and can now
build many different coils, test them all against your respective
theories, and share the results with us all !!

bye ... Sulaiman