[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Impedance?

----------
From:  RWB355-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:RWB355-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, August 22, 1998 12:41 PM
To:  fwd
Subject:  Impedance?

Hi all,

Iīm a bit puzzled. I jnow how you can measure or calc the impedance of a
 shunted xformer. (Z=V/mAmps). But how do you calc this on a pole pig? Or any
 non shunted transformer, for that matter. Do you use the plate rating?. What
 do you do if it doesnīt have one? Or do you use your (given) current limit?
 This would change the impedance in the calc. As a pole pig is non shunted it
 will give you as much current as you want. It will of course burn out
 eventully if overloaded or pull your neighborhood down if you have a BIG
 breaker (or none) if you donīt use current limiters. My real problem is the
 current factor, which you can (& do) change but you donīt change the
 impedance, as far as I see.

coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard