[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotary Gap Design

----------
From:  RWB355-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:RWB355-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, August 21, 1998 11:49 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Rotary Gap Design

Hello Greg (from L.O.D),

I think Andrew meant using two rotary disks (each one as one pole for the
 spark gap) and letting the sparks jump between the two disks (electrodes). He
 probably wanted to mount the electrodes on a disk and have all electodes
 connected together (per disk). You would have to rig up some kind of "brush
 setup", like an electrical motor (commutator) and carbon or wire brushes. This
 WOULD of course lead to heavy losses (not to mention wear and tear). So I
 donīt think this would be a too hot setup.

P.S. Be sure to post the discharges you make with your mag setup, once itīs
 finished!! You wanna kill N.Tīs record, ha?

Coiler greetings from Germany,
Reinhard