[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: PET ( or MYLAR )

Well, if 6u PET holds 600v then 9 mil PET should hold 900 kV, no?  I should
be able to get a pop bottle to  stand up to a 15 kV Tesla coil, even with 15
kV of LF riding ont he 15 kV of 60 Hz.  I notice the CRC handbook lists the
dielectric constant of PET the same value for all three frequencies in their
table.  Thats gotta be a good sign for low dissipation.  I dont have a
microwave oven for dielectric loss testing right now.

Do you think a reliable soda pop bottle PSWC is possible for a 15kV powered
Tcoil ?

Will