[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Capacitor formula

KVAR is KVA Reactive, that is the capacitive power at the working voltage,
so it would draw 39100/14400 amps, or about 2.7 amps at 14400V.  That would
give it 5300 ohms of capacitive reactance, or about .5 uF.  The formula does
it all in one step, and is normalized to kV, and uF.  Dont recall what the
95 KVBIL means.

Altair.