[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary Frequency(fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Bart,

The old 25% bit came from an old test of about 20 coilers who were asked to
use their
best calcs for finding three resonators resonant freq.  This was done at
one of the
first Tesla conferences, if memory serve me correctly.  The resonators were
deliberately skewed to the extremes like 80:1 and 1:40 with weird
diameters, etc.
The results were on the order of +/- 25% which showed that the equations
were pretty
dimensionally valuless and based on median coil dimensions. (radio work).

 Before someone screams foul.  It is obvious the equations were not based
on some
physically linked scientific underpinning or they would work at extremes.
They can,
of course, have extra terms (codicils) added to encompass these, but they
would be
non-linear patches to a leaky boat.

My hyperbole was aimed more at the expected disparate results than at true
quantification.  Perhaps for a good modern 3:1 coil with numerous choice
equations de
jour it might narrow to +/- 10%.  The list had some real flyers which even
made this
range seem extremely generous.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

P.S.  I'll also speak to Mr. Couture's note about being saddened that I did
not
submit my guesstimate from my own personal calcs.  I figure my calcs are
certainly no
better than the other guys!  I'm nothing special!  I do use calcs to keep
me from
wandering +/-100Khz off of some design goal which is never really all that
precise in
the beginning anyway!

Beyond all this, I find Tesla folks who design for a specific finished
frequency a
bit suspect and ------ retentive anyway.  Are they transmitting critical power
related information to Venusians or their space brothers?

Armed with my signal generator, an LED, my calculations, a winding machine,
a saw,
wire cutters and more or less wire,..... I can hit any frequency from 10khz
to 2mhz
to within +/- 1% and do it every time.  But why??

 The big secret I have tried to keep for all these years is now
revealed........Over
wind and saw backwards into your critical space brother frequency!.....Th'
cat's
outta' th' bag.  I hope you guys are happy now.

Calcs can keep one from making big mistakes prior to winding, and give some
relative
comparisons. Even if erronious they usually track OK.  So use your favorite
calcs
with confidence, but rest assured without great precision.  RH