[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plastic Pop Bottle SW Caps

Tesla List wrote:

> From: "Payne, Will E" <will.e.payne-at-lmco-dot-com>
>
> Thanks Jim !  Like my friend Kip, you like to brainstorm outside the
> envelope.  A fine habit !
>
> Let me clarify one item, the aluminum foil was REPLACED by liquid
> electrolyte, I did not use liquid and aluminum together.  The next night I
> graduated to a SS tub with a plastic grid in the bottom.
>
> Your idea about copper sulfate is well taken, I will immediately search for
> a cheap source.

I have found that you want to avoid the lump variety (i.e. bluestone).
Not only is it harder to dissolve, but it costs more than the granular.
Check the fertiziler/ag chemical places. They use it in fungicidal
sprays, among other things.  You might have to spend as much as $10 for
a 50 pound sack.

> My current T Coil investigation are in the Hawg spirit and philosophy, which
> is certainly NOT to rule out exotic solutions, only expensive ones !  One
> fellow suggested I use heavy plastic bags for a dielectric, and I have
> considered plastic pipe as well.

Especially that really thin-wall stuff (Sch A)