[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Government pigs

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> From: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> "Now, this is slightly off subject but related.  The lot that I won and
> picked up was 14 A/C or refrigeration compressors.  I wanted to series a
> couple of them to make a vacuum pump for obvious reasons.
> Can anyone guide me as to how to check them out.  What to look for.
> Questions I have are:
> How do I check the oil level?  How do I add oil?  Do they need a
> capacitor
> for starting or running?  Any suggestions on fittings/soldering/welding
> the stubs? Any other suggestions. Also, If more than two work anyone is
> welcome to the rest.  It would probably be best to reply privately.
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Russ Thornton"
>
>         Look at Steve Hansen's vacuum web page:
>
>         http://www.tiac-dot-net/users/shansen/belljar/
>
> Ed

 Tandem pumping is old , of course.  However, AC compressors have valve
problems which will ultimately limit their range to a few millimeters.

They usually all require a capacotor to start often cut out by internatal
centrifugal switches. The oil fill must be done by breaking into the sealed
system and rebrazing!  UGH....  More trouble than it is worth.

Good luck,

Richrd Hull