[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flyback Converter

Greetings max

Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>   On each gate there will be a 12ohm carbon composition resistor to
dampen inductive ringing in the gates. Also each gate lead will be
threaded through a ferrite bead to prevent self-induced ocillations.<

The resistor is fine, but I'm not sure about the ferrite beads - you're
shorting the leads to reduce inductance but now with the bead
you are creating an inductor - it may be counter productive.

I also have two schottky diodes
0v->|---driver output---->|------12v
because I'm using a driver chip and I don't want ringing taking the
output negative or too high.
I'm not sure about calculating the output -
You can calculate the switching losses and the snubber losses but
 I think most of the losses are in the output transformer - say 80%
efficient.

Have fun

Alan Sharp (UK)