[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil design questions.

My TC experience is limited but I know a little about transients in coupled
resonant circuits. Here's my "theory":

Under ideal conditions you want all the energy in the primary resonator
transferred to the secondary resonator. This will take several cycles of RF to
complete for a "properly" coupled system. If the coupling is too tight,
some of
the energy transferred to the secondary will begin to come back to the primary
before it all has been transferred. The idea is to pump the system with
transients from the spark gap at a rate that is compatible with the
coupling (the
rate of transfer of energy). Make sense??