[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3-phase current

Hi Ed, all:

I believe that some of these designs include an idler motor, as suggested
in another post, to actually generate a third phase. This method produces
more power than simply running a three phase motor on 1 phase, although
probably not as much as true three phase power. The available power depends
on the size of the idler.

- Mike