[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Where to put the gap?

Hi,
I looked over Terry Fritz's excellent report on spark gap placement vs.
stress on the NSTs.  It's clear that putting the gap between the NSTs
and the primary capacitor is the less stressful route, but that doesn't
seem to the popular method based on most of the schematics that I have
found.

Are there any special considerations for arranging the gap in this
manner?  Why do so many people still put the gap between the primary
capacitor and primary coil?

Thanks,
Ross Overstreet
Huntington Beach, CA
First Coil Status:
Primary - complete        NSTs - acquired             > Predicting arcs
in the HB area in
Secondary - complete    Caps - drawing board    > early January :-)
Gap - in work