[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saturable Reactors

Bill,

If the control winding consists of two contrary wound coils on the same leg
of the core, their MMFs would cancel and no magnetization of the core would
occur.  The control winding must be a single coil (or tapped coils, or coils
in series, wound in the same direction) in order to get core saturation, or
magnetization at all.   It is the reactance or load coils that must contrary
wound so that their MMFs cancel out and do not induce voltage in the control
coil.

Eric
edavidson-at-icva.gov