[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Big Coils (was DOLLINGER)

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com on 15.12.98 07:01:10

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: Big Coils (was DOLLINGER)

Original Poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

>I have a program that solves the problem exactly in the general case and
>plots everything. Take a look at it at
>ftp://coe.ufrj.br/pub/acmq/teslasim.zip

In a DOS window under Windows NT returns "Runtime error 200 at 1086:0091."
I'll try also at home with WIn95.

>> According to the equation, top voltage rise at the secondary depends
mainly
>> on the square root of the secondary/primary inductance ratio
(accordingly
>> to the formula usually reported by other textbooks). That would give a
>> LOWER secondary voltage using big coils (e.g. the new one I am
designing)
>> compared with small coils (e.g. my old one).

>They have -higher- secondary/primary inductance ratio.

Sorry, you are right: I can't figure out how I calculated the ratio wrongly
!*!*;)