[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: museum capacitors?

to: Patrick

The Carnegie coil was built by George Kauffman in 1903.  The power factor
caps will not work properly with this coil --- they are not designed for
pulse duty applications.  Also, having seen this coil, it has a very small
topload which makes it operate as a transmission line -- always bad for the
caps, and most important, tlhe coeff. of coupling is way too high which
causes reflected energy that will blow the type of cap you are using.

If you are seriously interested in solving these problems contact me
off-line and I can provide caps that will not blow out and will not require
replacement.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net