[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Pics - How To?

In a message dated 12/29/98 8:41:59 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  I'm looking for some advice on taking pictures of my coil while its arcing.
>  >From all the great photos I've seen on the Ring most of you must know what
>  you're doing & I've already wasted 2 rolls of film with meager (at best)
>  results. I have an old Nikon - great camera w/ no electronics & good
lenses.
>  Any help on Fstop, exposure time, film speed etc. would be greatly
>  appreciated. Thanks,  Jim
Jim,
     I personally like to use Kodax Max film.  It seemed to work well with
many different exposure times and different lighting.  I had no idea what
lighting or settings to use, so I just tried a bunch of different things in
hopes of getting at least a couple of good shots.  They ALL came out good.  I
tried 100 speed film as suggested by someone and got poor results, so I will
stick with the Kodak Max.
Mike