[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Series or parallel? (fwd)

----------
From:  Michael Baumann [SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
Sent:  Saturday, February 07, 1998 2:25 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Series or parallel? (fwd)

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Tesla List wrote:
Tim:
> neon secondary--cap--tesla primary--neon secondary
>
> Would the spark gap be placed across the cap and the tesla primary and
> what are the advantages of running a coil in this fashsion or am I
> misunderstanding ?
Advntages? None really. Very good way to overstress your neon transformer
though. Can you say *poof*?
Always place the main gap across the neon.

> Also, I would like to know where the strike rail for the
> primary connects into the circuit? Thanks in advance.
It doesn't. At least not into your tank. Your strike rail should
be connected to the same RF ground that you have your secondary
connected to. [and your bypass caps, and your neon tranny's core.]
--
Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical Center
San Bernardino, California. (909)799-8308 |Internet: baumann-at-llumc.edu