[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Photos

From:  wysock-at-ttr-dot-com [SMTP:wysock-at-ttr-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, February 07, 1998 4:39 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Tesla Coil Photos

To Scott, All---

I have always suggested the exact same technique as you have
described below, for obtaining the best photos of Tesla coil
discharge.  Often, I will use background ambient light from a
distant light source, such as a flood lamp, to help illuminate
the equipment.  I haven't rigged a remote shutter mechanism
as you have; but I normally use a long cable release, with a
locking feature (for bulb exposures) or, I will use the time
exposure feature of the shutter.  I normally use a Canon A-1
for most exposures, but have also used a Rolleiflex or Mamiya
studio format 2 1/4 roll film cameras.  When it comes to types
of film, I prefer to use Kodak Gold ISO 100 (same as the old
ASA standard,) or in the case of 120 roll film, Kodak Vericolor
II.  These film types work well with the U-V content of Tesla
discharges, provided they are no over exposed.  I am sure many
others on this List would have much to say, about their
experiences in Tesla coil photographing techniques.

Bill Wysock.

> To:            "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject:       Tesla Coil Photos
> Date:          Sat, 7 Feb 1998 11:02:21 -0600