[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Series or parallel? (fwd)

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:54:03 -0700
From: Tim Dempsey <tdempsey-at-easley-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Series or parallel? (fwd)

> > Also, I would like to know where the strike rail for the
> > primary connects into the circuit? Thanks in advance.
> It doesn't. At least not into your tank. Your strike rail should
> be connected to the same RF ground that you have your secondary
> connected to. [and your bypass caps, and your neon tranny's core.]

If I connect the srike rail to the RF gound what keeps the spark discharge from
continually striking the rail instead of discharging into the air? BTW my coil
is under construction, I am currently working on the secondary form. It's 7"
dia. x  28" , so can
I plan on getting any more than 28" streamers?  Thanks for your help.

Tim

tdempsey-at-easley-dot-net