[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Photos

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, February 09, 1998 12:37 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Tesla Coil Photos

to: Rod

You might also try some colored filters over your flashlight (red or blue)
for some neat underlightning or backlighting effects.  We use a small
rheostat to control the illumination from a small 15 watt spot lamp with
colored filters.  Also be sure to try Kodak Royal Gold ASA 25 film -- the
very best for spark pictures.  Extreme sharpness.  Use f1.2 to 2.8 and wide
open on tripod for 4 seconds.  The colored filters are available from any
large music shop that supplies gel filters for rock bands and cost is very
reasonable.  With a small flashlight you can run the front of the
flashlight into a "soup" can and then apply the filter over the front with
rubber bands.  This keeps the bulb to filter distance long enough to
prevent melting the filters is you keep the duty cycle short.  The colored
filters make for some fantastic shots with the TC sparks.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Tesla Coil Photos