[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sonotube?

----------
From:  Eric Davidson [SMTP:edavidson-at-icva.gov]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 10, 1998 9:29 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Sonotube?

Greg:

'Sonotube' is a trade name for thick walled cardboard tubing used in
forming concrete piers. After the concrete cures, the form is easily
removed. As far as standard sizes, I've seen it anywhere from 4 to 24
inches (it may come bigger, I don't know) in diameter and almost as long
as you want it. I've seen 20 ft lengths before. I would say that any
building material store or home center should have it, at least the
smaller sizes. BTW, if you are thinking about using it as a secondary
form, check with other coilers to see how suitable it is. I've heard
mixed reviews. Hope this helps!

Eric
edavidson-at-icva.gov