[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Poor Form? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 08:40:51 -0800
From: Joshua Resnick <seraphim-at-WPI.EDU>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Poor Form? (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

  When I built my 10" coil on sonotube I took precautions with the
release agent.  Fist I went over the tube (inside and out) with a heat
gun and the release agent boiled to the surface where it can be wiped
off with a paper towel.  Then I fiber glassed the inside of the pipe
with epoxy finishing resin and coated the outside twice with urethane
and put one more coat (waited until it was tacky) just before turning to
help the wire stick to the form. When it was finished I put at least 8
more layers on over the period of a couple days. It is a nice coil but
who knows about its life time, I think it will be fine. Another
preparation for sonotube is removal of the cardboard spiral that is on
the outside of the tube. I just cut it off with a razor and filled it
with epoxy and microballons all the way up the coil before my final
sanding.

Hope this helps.

--
             ____