[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroidal Chokes???? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:48:03 +0000
From: Gwyn Zucca <gwyn-at-tcbod.demon.co.uk>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Toroidal Chokes???? (fwd)

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.980214083807.22208C-100000-at-pupman-dot-com>, Tesla
List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes

You should use the largest core you can find, this will allow you easy
winding and better insulation. A large core will be able to handle
higher flux densities before becoming saturated, this is important.
I do not think you need to go to such a high inductance, as ringing in
the choke may become a problem in its own right. As for the material a
power core material such as Philips 3C85 would be a good choice.

Cheers

Gwyn Zucca (UK)