[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, February 16, 1998 8:44 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

<<
> I am considering making a very small portable tesla coil. But before I
> do this I need to clear up how I am going to wind the secondary. First
> of all I am planning on making a secondary coil with these demensions,
> 3.25"o.d. x 9.75"height giving it a 3:1 ratio. I know this sounds way
> too small but hear me out. I want to make a multi layered secondary,
> basically to increase the pf, mh and lower the frequency. >snip>>>

Chris,

If you just want a small coil, why bother with these methods?  How
long of a spark do you want?  A 3" by 10" ordinary secondary coil can
probably give at least a 2 1/2 foot spark if you wind it with #28 wire.

I've been considering building such a coil powered by a 7.5kV, 30ma
neon tranny.

John Freau