[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Visconol Capacitors

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 1:52 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Visconol Capacitors

Hi all,
         According to NZ Health Department list of PCBs and PCB
containing components, Visconol is *SAFE*. Another on the list also
ending in "OL" is Nitrogol.  I have opened up a cap with this stuff
in it and flame tested it. It also is safe. I destroyed the cap in an
early TC. We now use the oil in an insulation testing tank.

Malcolm