[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How do I make my HV chokes?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 4:18 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: How do I make my HV chokes?

to:  Matt

If running a NST then run a 500-1000 Ohm, 50 watt resistor in series with a
2 inch dia PVC tube on which is wound approx 60-80 turns #18 AWG magnet or
PVC insulated wire.  Use this protective system off each bushing.  Also a
good idea to have a simple "bent wire" sparkgap near each bushing so
excessive potential can flash over the 3/8 inch gap before frying your NST.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net