[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A tragic coil

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 4:12 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: A tragic coil

to: Mark

You can not expect a 600 volt capacitor to operate at 10,000 volts.  It's
like parking a 10,000 pound truck atop a wooden crate designed to support
600 lbs.  It won't work -- you need a 20 kV cap to handle the ignition coil
peaks and then keep your sparkgap tight (0.200 or less -- max).

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net