[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

----------
From:  David Huffman [SMTP:huffman-at-FNAL.GOV]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 18, 1998 3:25 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

Now I'm getting brain lock, or gear mesh. Pardon me while I think out loud.
I like to think of an extra coil as a quarter wave transmission line. When
current is maximum on one end, at resonance of course, the voltage is
maximum on the other. If current is going in at one end the voltage polarity
is one sign, current coming out will cause the opposite. With this
assumption the twin coil of Berts will have the same polarity at the top.
The strongly coupled multi-layer windings will have little inductance to
operate at any frequency near the single layer unit.
Assumptions are often wrong so if you get a chance to do this experiment,
Malcolm, let us know the results.
Dave