[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Tesla Coil hints?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, February 21, 1998 8:20 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: First Tesla Coil hints?

to: Scott

A good idea to "pass" on the doorknob type caps.  They are designed as DC
storage and filter caps and will usually blow rather quickly with the high
voltage reversal rates encountered in a Tesla oscillator.  Mica
transmitting caps work good as well as hi-Q factor, low inductance pulse
discharge caps. It's time to go surplus house shopping and visiting some of
the big hamfests in your area.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net