[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi-layered Secondary HELP!! (fwd)

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 21:00:42 -0700
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz
Subject: Re: Multi-layered Secondary HELP!!

On Tuesday, February 17, 1998 8:16 AM David Huffman
[SMTP:huffman-at-FNAL.GOV] wrote;

> Here is my comment, for what it is worth. Two coils wound in opposite
> directions will cancel the magnetic field (right hand rule) giving close to
> zero inductance. This is one why of making non-inductive resistors.

Your absolutely correct Dave! Malcolm, take note. When you wind two layers
on a secondary and connect them in parallel you have effectively duplicated
Dr. Tesla's patent for non-inductive resistors. They are normaly made by
cutting a length of wire to a length corresponding to the desired D.C.
resistance value, then you fold the wire in half and wind the two wire ends
side by side. The inductance of each half of the folded wire cancels and
you have a non-inductive resistance. Please not though you also have a high
distributive capacitance so the coil will now have an R.C. time constant
instead of a parallel resonance.

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/