[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Folded Resonator

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 25, 1998 12:10 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Folded Resonator

Hi Viv,

<snip>
> >     Coil details: Bottom 2/3 wound in one direction, top 1/3 wound
> >                   in the opposite direction.
> >     Winding height: 13"
> >     Diameter: 2.6"        h/d exactly 5
> >     Turns: approx 1000
> >     Copper diameter: 0.3mm
<snip>

>     So presumably this has similar characteristics as a coil only 1/3 the
> length you created.  What advantage are you expecting from this particular
> configuration?

Harmonic suppression was one of the things Richard said that I
remember. I'd equate that with high Q. Beyond that I'd have to revisit
the old post in which he mentioned it. A spark test should show up
anything of additional interest. It is on the list for this weekend.
Too much to do midweek.

Regards,
Malcolm