[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Measurements using field probe

-----Original Message-----
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: Measurements using field probe

Hi again Antonio,

       The 4 x pi x R^2 error found its way into my original calculations in
the report.  After playing with some field charts and experimenting, I now
believe my "luck" at getting the third calibration method to work was just
luck.  The field distortion from the ground, ceiling, etc. does add
significant error.  It is far better to calibrate using one of the first two
methods that I mentioned in yesterday's post.  One should also mark how the
antenna is positioned to be sure that once it is calibrated it does not
move.  I was having problems using the third method in other situations and
this explains it.  I need to update a few things in the report anyway so
this will be added to the revision.  Many thanks for pointing this out.

        Since Ca is typically 1/1000000 Cl, I dropped the term for
simplicity.

        Also, I should mention that the Maxwell equation I=$ J.ds and some
of the other integral equations in the original report were simplified from
their rigorous forms.  In our case, the simplified forms are valid.

Thanks for catching the error.

        Terry Fritz