[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alternate coil form design (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:03:52 -0700
From: Terry Perdue <terryp-at-halcyon-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Alternate coil form design

I posted the following several days ago, but suspect it got lost somehow
since I received no replies. (Or maybe it was just a dumb idea!):

Might it be feasible to make a form out of sheet plexiglas? What I had in
mind was a paddlewheel-shaped form made by gluing maybe eight pieces of 0.1
or 0.125 sheet stock into a slotted polystyrene center rod. I think it would
be easy to make a jig for a table saw to make straight slots 45 degrees
apart. Would such a octogonal form work, or would the corners try to spray
corona? If this would work, it would be pretty inexpensive, and the loss
might be lower than a cylinder of relatively thick PVC.

Terry