[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best sparks (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:12:14 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Best sparks (fwd)

Hi Greg and All,

        I didn't quite have the RC oscillator in mind.  I was thinking how
an active or ringing RC system would look spectrally but not of a proper RC
oscillator circuit.  However, now that you mention the RC oscillator system,
it would fit and make sense.  The arc could easily act as the active
amplifying element to drive this system.  I still wonder if there is some
inductance somewhere that is also contributing but if not, the RC system may
indeed be the mechanism we are seeing.
	Thanks for clearing up this fuzzy point.  My original post was rather
confusing on this.

        Terry Fritz