[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

raise the secondary.... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:18:34 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: raise the secondary....

Hi John,

I can measure the frequency of each ringdown cycle to about 1% accuracy.  I
do not see any frequency shift from streamer to non streamer operation.  I
think the capacitive effect is very small if it exists.  Since the secondary
is isolated from the primary after the first notch (We have all raised our
secondaries haven't we? :-)), any frequency shift would not affect the coil
in any way (streamers tend to break out just after the notch point).

        Terry Fritz